Any Texas A&M University student who is neither a U.S. Citizen nor a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident is considered to be an international student. The following groups of international students are required to complete the Online Orientation:
- New international students beginning their first academic program at Texas A&M
- You can access the Online Orientation up to one year prior to the first day of classes of your first semester at Texas A&M. Completing the Online Orientation more than one year prior to your first day of classes will not satisfy the ISS Online Orientation requirement.
- Current international students who will change their nonimmigrant status to F-1 or J-1
- Current or returning F-1 and J-1 international students who will process a reinstatement or new entry to regain F-1 or J-1 status
- Current J-1 international students who failed to obtain written authorization from International Student Services (ISS) for on-campus employment
- Returning international students who have taken a leave of absence from Texas A&M University and wish to resume enrollment
For additional details about which groups of international students are required to complete the Online Orientation and Check-In processes, review the ISS Standard Administrative Policy: Online Orientation and Check-In.
This Online Orientation consists of several sections, some of which have a quiz at the end of the section. You are required to review each section in the given order and answer 100% of the quiz questions correctly before you can review the next section.
Once you have reviewed all sections and have passed all of the quizzes, you will be asked to complete an Acknowledgement of Understanding page. On the Acknowledgement of Understanding webpage, you will have to review several important statements and then enter your UIN to confirm that you understand the information presented. After finishing with the Acknowledgement of Understanding, you will have completed the Online Orientation. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided.
Your progress with the Online Orientation is recorded at the end of each quiz or at the end of each section with no quiz. You can complete the whole Online Orientation in several sessions. If this is your first time accessing the Online Orientation, you must first register for the Online Orientation. Once you have registered, you may log in to the Online Orientation using your Net ID and password to resume and access your record. After you complete the Online Orientation, you will still have access to all of the content and quizzes.
Those students who have a registration hold on their student record stating that they must complete the Online Orientation should forward their confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to have their hold removed.
If you have questions about the Online Orientation, please contact International Student Services at email@example.com with Subject: Online Orientation.
Access the Online Orientation
YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE ONLINE ORIENTATION REGISTRATION PAGE DURING YOUR FIRST LOG-IN.
YOU WILL NEED TO USE YOUR TEXAS A&M NETID AND PASSWORD TO LOG IN TO THE ONLINE ORIENTATION.
TO CLAIM YOUR NETID, VISIT THE Aggie Computing Gateway
. YOU WILL NEED YOUR UNIVERSAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (UIN) TO ACTIVATE YOUR NETID.